Thursday, July 10, 2008

P.D. James Project

The P.D. James book I read was An Unsuitable Job for a Woman. It's one of her Cordelia Gray series in which Cordelia is hired to investigate an apparent suicide, which of course turns out to be not a suicide at all. As you can see from the cover of the book, he was hung with a belt......so my somewhat morbid project is a belt. I knit it with some Koigu merino in a simple lace pattern:
CO 13 sts with size 3 needles.
Row l: K2 *slip 1, K2tog, passo, yo twice; repeat from * to last 2 sts, k2
Row 2: K2, *P1, K1 into double yo, P1, repeat from * to last 2 sts. K2
Row 3: Knit
Repeat rows 1-3 for pattern.
I added two D rings to one side of the belt to loop it through.

3 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I LOVE the belt

Penny said...

Great idea for the project and I also love it. AND thanks for including the pattern.

scarlet834 said...

Pretty, pretty belt. Jane, do YOU get to win?