Thursday, July 17, 2008

Overzealous...that's me!


My first idea and second to do project is a dog leash. In this book, people are being murdered by a dog leash. (which cracked me up with the character of the series's name being Dangleash....too funny!) However, I was unable for a long time to find the nylon cording I wanted to use for the leash. After all, I must have a USE for my projects. I'm just like that. Anyway, two days ago, I found the nylon and here is my dog's new dog leash and collar.
This leaves us with project idea number 2 and finished project number 1. The summer skirt. I was quickly making this for dd2 (yes, she has a slip for it, but are you kidding. I got her to model it at 11:45pm....there is NO WAY she was looking for the slip, so sorry 'bout that part......mind you, I've been asking her to do this since Monday. Beggers can't be choosers.) She wanted another skirt to take with her on her vacation with my parents. I had the yarn in my stash, and was waiting for the "right" time to use it. As I was knitting on this during dd1's softball tournament (the day before leaving FOR vacation) it hit me. I could see the charcter Amy, walking along the beach in such a skirt.

I may not have been a big fan of this particular book, but I thouroughly enjoyed thinking about potential projects as I progressed through the story.

Thanks for reading!
Shelly

2 comments:

Jane said...

What wonderful projects Shelly! thanks so much for sharing them with us.
Jane

SimplyMe said...

Thanks Jane!