Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Scavenger Hunt Swap Package

I received my swap package from Valerie today - and just look at all that was in it~ I'm overwhelmed!

M - mystery book(s) were Raveling by Peter Moore Smith, and Guilt by John Lescroart. I haven't read either of these books or either of these authors before so I'm really looking forward to them.

Y - yummy yarn - Valerie really took the 'yummy' part seriously. There was a skein of Alpaca & Silk yarn from Chestnut Bay Fibers, a skein of Araucania which I have been wanting to try forever, and two skeins of Bamboo Zania in very pretty purple/lavender and blue shades.

S - Something Silly - a "cow pie"which is described on the box as Rich chocolate Cream Caramel and Fresh pecans" (is your mouth watering?)

T - Tasty treats, included more chocolate from Wisconsin. chocolate teddy bears, chocolate cows, and a Badger Claw (White coating over creamy caramel and fresh pecans).

E- Ewe make it - Valerie made me a dishcloth that she made with the outline of the state of Maine and ME on it and as I told her, and also sent a pattern for lacy wrist warmers for me to make.

R - Regional Items - Coffee and tea from Berres Brothers in Wisconsin (I'm thinking Wisconsin has a lot more than cheese!) and some Mini Minit one cup filters, which I've never seen before.

Y - Your choice - Valerie's choice was the cutest little bamboo crochet hook which will be great for picking up all those stitches I drop and for weaving in ends, some pocket sewing scissors, and some emery boards, both of which I am always hunting for. And some great smelling scent seeds to be used in a drawer etc. which made the whole box smell great as soon as I opened it.

What an amazing package! Thank you so much Valerie!

1 comment:

danielle said...

Cool things!