Monday, June 08, 2009

Scavenger Swap Package...


Here is my fantabulous Swap package from Joyce.  Here's what was in it:

M - The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin.  I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a fun read and just what I like.  The book had the most adorable bookmarker tucked in - the marker part has a picture of a row of 8 little kittens and then there's a cat shaped bead on the tassle part.  

Y - Two yummy yarns - a pale lemon chenille from Crystal Palace (with a cool Flower Power Cloth pattern that I'll use that on) as well as a gorgeous colorway of Araucania yarn, perfect for a pretty pair of socks.

S - The funniest almost naked knitter, relaxing on her little chaise and knitting away.

T - Scrumptious pecan biscotti, dipped in chocolate.  It really hit the spot this morning as I was stumbling my way around in the half light of the new day, trying to get ready for work!

E - A really pretty brightly colored cloth in a great textured pattern.  That hit the shower with me this morning, along with...

R - Some wonderfully smelling goat's milk soap - the scent is "Autumn in New Hampshire".  No clue if New Hampshire really smells like this, but if it does, I should move, LOL.

Y - Several items in this category:  A little mini sewing tote with threads, needles, tape measure, etc., perfect for small repairs (and it has little handles so I can hang it in full view, since I can never find that kind of stuff when I need it!).  The cutest little box decorated with a Mary Engelbreit design and nestled inside in a sachet bag were the most beautiful stitch markers, made by Joyce's daughter!  A matching little note pad.  A mini book on Feng Shui.  Ms. Manicure matchbook emery boards and a 4-in-1 keychain (nail buffers and files).  A really sweet Warren Kimble picture frame in the shape of a cat - I will put the fur babies pix in there.

It seemed like the box had no bottom when I was pulling the stuff out, but I think I've covered everything.  All the items were something I would have picked for myself, so Joyce was right on target with her choices!  

Thank you, Joyce, for a terrific swap box! ~ Valerie K

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Valerie, I'm so glad you liked the things I chose for you. It was fun! You write the nicest descriptions about it, too :).