Sunday, October 26, 2008

WHODUKNIT HALLOWEEN SWAP RECEIVED

YUP my Whoduknit Halloween Swap package arrived from Maureen who lives in Calgary. What did I receive? I got a lovely skein of Patons Classic Wool in rich red tweed which looks more rust colored. It is a very lovely color and this photo just doesn't do it justice.
I also received a full pound of Red Heart Orange Acrylic yarn. I guess this the trick Maureen sent me since I am not a fan of orange. Orange just doesn't look good on me. I can wear salmon if it has a lot of pink in it. I am not crazy about knitting with this color even when I have to for a swap but I do if I must. See how large a skein it is. Solara weighs in at about 13 pounds.
I received four wonderful books I look forward to reading. AND no Maureen I certainly don't mind that you sent USED books. I send USED books also. AND in this group sending used books is perfectly acceptable. I pass a lot of books I read on. In case you can't read the titles they are.
1. Beware the Mummy's Curse The Jewel of Seven Stars by Bram Stoker
2. Ten Great Mysteries by Edgar Allan Poe There are many timeless short stores in this book I am sure I have read these many many many years ago but these are the kind of great short stories that can be read over and over again.
3. The Turn of the Screw and Other Stories by Henry James
4. Wordsworth Classics M.R. James Collected Ghost Stories
I also received a lovely pattern for a cabled Beret. Check out the cabled design on it. It can be found on Ravelry.

Last BUT not least I received "EYEBALLS". Isn't it funny how some photos can come out really great and others don't. They are actually candies or were candies since they have all been eaten BUT I have absolutely perfect vision now.
AND my package is on its way to someone in the group.

2 comments:

Am I Using My Stash? said...

He-he. I just couldn't resist that orange yarn. I had been told that Penny didn't like orange but I was in a store hunting for crochet cotton for the latest Mystery Pi and I saw this enormous ball of Red Heart in orange. and the evil in me just popped out.
I love the way the eye balls photographed.

Jane said...

Gee Penny, I told her how much you love orange LOL. Love the eyeballs - bet they were yummy too!