Wednesday, October 08, 2008
The Addi Turbo Murder Solution
Solution: You were all correct - it was Maizie!
1. The watch could not have been broken during a fight. It was clear that there was not a fight because Mr. Montera was stabbed in the back through his chair. So, the time was a setup.
2. The mess and the coffee was a setup, because there was no fight and it would be a little difficult for Lana to enter and put on some gloves to fight with a cup of coffee in her hands
3. The last proof is that the cup of coffee only had one type of fingerprints. If Maizie touched the cup (which she says she did), there should be some fingerprints of hers on it, unless she was wearing some gloves.
And the winner in the random drawing this week is Kim!
The police were checking the place. Outside, Maizie, Mr. Montera's faithful secretary, was a mass of nerves. Lt. Dunnit was reviewing the facts:
1. Mr. Montera has been murdered. The murderer buried an Addi Turbo Circular needle through the back of the chair and right through his heart. (You all know how sharp and addi turbo is, right?)
2. All the place was a mess, but nothing seems to be lost. Some sheets on his desk had coffee stains, but Mr. Montera was not a coffee drinker. There was no coffee container of any kind in the office. There were a couple of gloves in the floor.
3. Maizie had just three names in her appointment book: Jo Jo Land (2:35), Donny Tweed (3:10) and Lana D'Oro (3:45). Maisie says that Lana was the only one to serve herself a cup of coffee in a paper cup.
4. The cup of coffee was found in Maizie's wastebasket. She claims that Lana entered Mr. Montera's office with the cup in her hands, and then she left it on her desk, so she took it and threw it away.
5. The knitting needle had no fingerprints at all, but the paper cup was all covered with one type of fingerprint: Lana's. (they had a mobile fingerprint lab).
6. Mr. Montera's wristwatch was broken, probably due to the fight, and it showed the time at 3:50.
Who did Lt. Dunnit Arrest and why?
E-mail your answer to me by midnight, Saturday, October 11 (firstname.lastname@example.org).