Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My Spring Swap Gift Arrived From Mary!


Hello Everyone! After a very stressful day yesterday I came home to a welcoming package sitting at my garage door. It was from Mary, my spring swap partner. Inside were some of the neatest gifts. The best of all was the shawl that she knitted for me. Now, you have to know that we cheated a little, just a little. We didn't send just one skein of yarn to each other, we sent roughly about 900 to 1000 yards of yarn to each other with big plans in mind for our projects. Then I get an email from Mary asking me if I really wanted something knitted from the yarn I sent her or would I mind having something that she already had started that she was knitting from her own hand spun shetland lamb yarn. What do you think my answer was? Yep you guessed it, I told her of course go ahead with what she already had started. And you can see by the photo, that shawl is absolutely beautiful! When she sent me her yarn, she sent the book, a calendar and a knitting magazine. Then with the shawl I got a manicure set, a sewing kit, and angel, that is not in the photo because she is already sitting on my desk at work, some foot exfoliating cream and some really cool stitch markers. Boy did I rack up! Mary is so awesome of a knitter. I took the shawl to work and had to keep retreiving it from different people and putting back in the box under my desk. It seemed to grow feet and walk all over the office....lol. Everyone loved the softness and the color is perfect, it is a soft brown with a tad bit of lighter beige here and there. The lacey pattern is so nice and I could just see me trying to knit it, I would have the holes twice as big as they should be and not even.


Thanks Mary for a wonderful gift. I am still working on hers. I keep changing my mind but still have plenty of time and am having fun collecting all the goodies to go with the knitted items she will get. The books are already picked out too!


Thanks also to Jane for coming up with this swap, we'll have to do it again next spring!


3 comments:

Jane said...

That shawl is really gorgeous! Too bad you forgot to read the small print, which said if you don't follow the rules, you have to send your finished item to the swap organizer - ummm, that would be me. You do have my address, don't you?

Unknown said...

The package is incredible, totally incredible. I could use a shawl, for the office . . .

cindi said...

Cheater, cheater!! What a lovely shawl! The color looks like it will go with everything, too. It must be really satisfying to take something from "sheep to shawl". I keep thinking that I should learn to spin, but fear it would become another obsession and cut into my knitting time.