Tuesday, September 02, 2008

DEAD SLEEP PROJECT

I finally finished my Dead Sleep Project. Sleeping or dead woman, tubs. I took some artistic liberties with this one. I found a photo of my furtoddler Solara sitting in the sink. Then I asked my girlfriend to pixelate it for me. Then the big task to try to knit it. Please don't laugh when you look at the photo. I took the photo while it was being blocked on my striped chair. Maybe I will make it into a pillow. The pink blob is her nose and was knit with cotton yarn. The rest of her was knit with Cascade 220. I found some shiny silver ribbon yarn for the faucet. Solara is a tabby tortie with white. You can see from the photo the white of her belly. That part of her I knit with some fuzzy yarn. I guess I got a little crazed when I was knitting her paw by her belly which you can see from the photo doesn't look so funny. Her other paw is on the edge of the sink to the left of her head. All her paws are white and her eyes are green.
This is what I tried to knit from but sometimes I knit and didn't check what I was doing so some areas of her look funny.

5 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

That is awesome, what a cool idea.

SimplyMe said...

You are a riot!! I would NEVER have dreamt that up. Ever. I love it. What a riot. You are ambitious to put that much color work into anything. I'd be too askeered.

Jane said...

You come up with the neatest ideas Penny - This one tops them all!

Joyce said...

Amazing, Penny. I'm in awe of your abilities, both to think of this idea, and to carry it out. I am intimidated by colorwork still, especially some like what you've done that is not symmetrical. It's great!

Penny said...

Thank-you everyone for all your good comments on my strange Dead Sleep project BUT my Plains Crazy project won't be so odd.