Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Casting Spells Projects


Socks, it seems to be all about the socks for me. At first I thought it would just be about my Ice Cream Socks, because the colors remind me of ice cream and that did seem to be one of Chloe's comfort foods (and these are comfy socks). These are a Wendy Johnson pattern, toe-up, and I finished them January 2nd.
 

At that point I was feeling a bit of the "Sock Love" and cast on these Toe-up Thuja, which was a semi-"Wendy"-modification of the original pattern.
 

Bear with me, because by now I was falling prey to a paraphrase of the tag-line on the cover of the book, "The heart can be ruled by (sock) magic" and I made these Stripe Socks out of Noro Kureyon sock yarn.
 

I will admit that by now I may have a bit of a sock obsession because then I made these Valentine Socks for my husband, and since I finished those, I have cast two more pairs of socks; one pair is two-at-a-time, toe-up on two circulars, and the other pair is two-at-a-time, cuff down, Magic Loop.
(All of the links go to my posts about them on my personal blog, and you can also find info about them on my Ravelry projects)

3 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow Barb that's a lot of socks, wow.

Stephanie... said...

A lot of socks but a lot of great socks! Just sock it to them!

Jane said...

Love the socks and also the connections you made to the book!
Jane