Saturday, February 21, 2009

Casting Spells Project



Lindsey's Scarf
Originally uploaded by mlj1954ohio
While it isn't an Orenburg lace shawl, it is lace and my 8 year old thinks that blocking is just like "magick." He loves to help block things because you can just see it all "come out." We shall see how he feels about it when I have some huge thing to block!!

This ended up 62" long. It is Knitpicks Bare and I really enjoyed doing it. Well, except for the time I had to frog six inches of it.

I think I am going to use this lace pattern to make myself a shawl for my niece's wedding in June. It is going to be an outside wedding and June in Cleveland can get cool in the evenings.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Ohhh - very pretty! I bet you can pull it through a ring too!

scarlet834 said...

Very nice!

Stephanie... said...

That's beautiiful. I can't imagine having that kind of patience....