Friday, February 29, 2008

Mystery Yarn Ball

UPDATE!





I received my mystery yarn ball from Mary today. What a nice end to the week! The yarn is Bernat "Black Lites" bulky acrylic, and the pattern is the Trio knit tote bag from Crystal Palace Yarns. I've been wanting to make this bag ever since I first saw it and now I have the incentive to do it! There were also some extra goodies in the package (I guess she couldn't fit them in the yarn ball!) Some bath fizzies, hand cream, a cute tulip candle, and a note pad. I'll post another picture after I've knit enough to unwind the goodies from the yarn ball.



Thank you Mary!


I took advantage of the snow storm yesterday (you know, the lion?) to knit my mystery yarn ball pattern.



Here are the goodies that fell out of the ball: Some cute tea themed charms, a bag of plastic stitch markers, yarn needles, a cute mini-frame, and some really pretty hand made (by Mary) stitch markers.




I kept going - and here is the finished knitting bag. I love it, and it really stretches to hold a LOT of yarn!



Thanks again Mary!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

How fun, and what a fast knitter you are, Jane. Seeing your pictures makes me even more excited to finish up my part of the swap and mail it out (and to receive mine, too, of course ;).