Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April Project - Linda H in MD


For my WhoDuKnit projects, I plan to make bookmarks. The pattern I chose for this months project is Backbone Bookmark by Kiersten Brandt. Here's a link to the pattern:

http://knitoneblogtwo.wordpress.com/2008/05/16/backbone-bookmark/

There are clues in my bookmark. The orange and the red are important. The purple is one of my favorite shades of lipsticks. The yellow reminds me of days I spent playing in the sun. The backbone design reminds me of the song Dry Bones. "The head bone connected to the neck bone, the neck bone connected to the back bone, etc. I love that song. The beads were added to give a childlike feel to the bookmark. The shape of the bookmark kinda reminds me of a glass container a scientist may have in their lab.

I enjoyed reading The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and knitting and decorating my bookmark.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Very, very clever Linda!

Joyce said...

I love all of the symbolism. It will be neat to see how you do other books, too.