Friday, October 31, 2008

September Project


My project this month started out as a throw only - I found this fun fabric and got a solid yellow backing for it. The fabric kind of reminds me of sock monkeys, which remind me of the '50s, around the time the Trixie Belden series started (although sock monkeys were being made in the '30s, the company making the red heeled sock did not include a pattern with their socks until the '50s). I used this handy dandy tool I found on the net called a Skip Stitch Blade - it fits on a regular rotary cutter and pierces small slits along the length of fabric - perfect for crocheting on an edge or sewing it together (I did a blanket stitch on this one). A couple of weeks ago, I went back to the store where I got the fabric and they had the same fabric in the remnant pile - just big enough for a nicely sized pillow to match. So that's on the burner now, too! ~ Valerie K

No comments: